Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Technology Tip Tuesday (on a Wednesday): November 6, 2013

APP OF THE WEEK: Nearpod

 
 
 
To review this app (and all apps in the future), I will give this App the "FRAGALE 5."

1. What? (A brief overview of what the app does)
Creates interactive presentations for students - teacher controls from iPad, student follows along on device or computer.

2. Who? (Audience, which grade levels can really benefit from this app)
Really all grade levels can use this - particularly good for quick, easy formative assessment.

3. Where? (In what learning context would this app be relevant?)
This app would probably work best in a learning center classroom - students rotate through activities and this app could give the teacher the possibility of being wireless while controlling what students see on theirs screens.

4. Why? (How can this REALLY help me?)
As a teacher, I always struggled with the formative assessment and really keeping track of my data. Nearpod takes the stress away as students track their answers in the device or computer and results are then sent to the teacher. Fun for students while teacher does not have to grade all of those "Tickets out the door."

5. How? (Basic instructions)
You can find a starter guide for Nearpod here. I am also available to give you a tutorial at your convenience - simply fill out a Technology Coach Request form on my website (https://sites.google.com/site/reestechcenter/teacher-technology-center-requests). At the end of the month, I will be holding my inaugural Friday Focus Breakfast where I will be going into more detail on Nearpod. More information to follow concerning this, but I sure am excited!

In closing, I will leave you with this little video to peak your interest and get you pumped up about Nearpod:

 
Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment